10 month FTC Management Accountant
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Group Finance function on a 10 month Fixed Term Contract. The successful role holder will liaise closely with the Head of Group Finance in Jersey, as well as the rest of the Group Finance work force, and other departments of the business. Daily contact with management and employees (Group wide) supporting and advising on financial issues and management information. Regular contact with auditors and relevant external suppliers/service providers.
Reporting to the Head of Group Finance in Jersey, the employee will provide relevant, timely and accurate financial and management information for analysis, drive cost and productivity initiatives with administrators and operational managers. They will assist with the annual / monthly budgeting forecasting process, the management of the month end reporting cycles and ensure that the financial results are presented to agreed working day deadlines. Support for the management and control of the accounting processes ensuring appropriate segregation of duties within the finance function. Support for the management of the monthly account reconciliation processes to ensure that there is control and review of all transactions posted through the local ledgers and group ledgers.
PRINCIPAL ELEMENTS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Preparation and completion of the year end statutory accounts for a number of companies within the group and liaising with the auditors to ensure completion to group timetable.
- Preparing and posting month end expense accruals, recognition of revenue and costs in the correct period for a range of group companies for monthly management accounts.
- Ensuring the group’s inter-company position is agreed between all subsidiaries, investigating any discrepancies as they arise.
- Monitoring and support administration of the Accounts Receivable function ensuring the accuracy and timing of the postings of all sales invoices into the accounting system and ensuring weekly submission of timesheets.
- Providing support to our Luxembourg office, in completion of month end processes, statutory audit and account receivable routines.
- Completion of month end balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts.
- Completion of monthly regulatory reporting, namely ANLA calculations and daily monitoring of positions that can cause significant variances in the liquidity of the Company.
- Taking ownership of the revaluation process for inter-company loans, cash, debtors and creditors reconciliations.
- Support the finance team in project management, including system migration from Microsoft Dynamics AX to NAV.
- Completion of the month end, interim and year end reporting packs for the local boards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified accountant ACCA/ACA/CIMA, or qualified by experience
- Experience of month end processes including journals, reconciliations and revaluations
- Experience of undertaking accounts receivable
- Experience of of ANLA reporting (desirable, although training will be given)
- Experience of working with a multitude of group of companies
- Experience of operating as a management accounting assistant or similar in practice or a commercial organisation
- Familiar with Microsoft Dynamics AX or NAV desirable, but not essential
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Highly organised and efficient, with the ability to multi task when required
- Team Work
- Time Management Skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a good sense of humour
- Pro-active with the ability to work on own initiative and think “outside the box”
- Able to use own initiative and communicate innovative ideas
- Knowledge of payroll
- A specific focus on customer service
- This is a demanding role and requires a committed individual capable of balancing and prioritising their work
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS
- Discreet, confidential and reliable
- Trustworthy and diligent with high level of integrity
- Methodical and meticulous – high attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm when under pressure
This job description is a guide to the principal, current duties of the job. It does not form part of the contract of employment / secondment.