Accounts Payable/Receivable Assistant
Stonehage Fleming is one of the world’s leading independently owned family offices and the largest in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)* as measured by its breadth of services, geographic reach and by assets under management, advice and administration.
*Source: Campden FB, April 2018
Stonehage Fleming provides a range of services from long-term strategic planning and investments to day-to-day advice and administration to over 250 families of substantial wealth. The Group employs over 500 people in 11 offices across 8 geographies.
Reporting to the Head of UK Finance the role provides support to the other members of the UK Finance Team. This role will primarily focus on the operating company in the UK which employs all UK staff and incurs the majority of costs for the businesses located in the UK. It will also support other businesses in the UK as required.
This role is an integral part of the UK Finance team. The Group has a 31 March year end and due to turnover within the team we need someone for a period of 6 months to learn our systems and processes quickly and hit the ground running.
PRINCIPAL ELEMENTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintaining the purchase ledger of the main operating company in the UK including liaising with department heads, chasing outstanding expense authorisation, posting invoices and staff expense forms.
- Answering supplier queries and chasing invoices which have not been received
- Creating payment runs for the payment of supplier invoices and staff expenses
- Monthly reconciliation of purchase ledger to nominal ledger, highlighting any problems to the Senior Accountant
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Raising sales invoices for the Senior Accountant
- Recording and allocating cash receipts to outstanding customer balances in the sales ledger
- Monthly reconciliation of the sales ledger to Nominal Ledger, highlighting any problems to the Senior Accountant
- Assisting the team with monthly ledger reconciliations as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Specific accounting qualification is not essential however part qualification is preferred
- Previous experience in a similar role is required
- Significant purchase ledger experience is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX and Navone systems is preferable
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Good team player
- Excellent attention to detail and accurate data entry required
- Strong organisational skills
- As a minimum, basic Excel skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate clearly to all levels of staff across the business
- High level of customer service values
- Honesty, integrity and responsibility