Client Relationship Associate - Wealth Planning
Stonehage Fleming is one of the world’s leading independently owned family offices and the largest in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)* as measured by its breadth of services, geographic reach and by assets under management, advice and administration. *Source: Campden FB, April 2018
Stonehage Fleming provides a range of services from long-term strategic planning and investments to day-to-day advice and administration to over 250 families of substantial wealth. The Group employs over 500 people in 11 offices across 8 geographies.
Wealth Planning is the UK wealth advisory business of Stonehage Fleming. We work with wealthy and aspiring individuals to develop and implement strategies to protect and manage their wealth. The business is separately regulated to provide advice on all aspects of insurance, pensions and investments, with the experience and expertise to support clients across a broad range of wealth structuring, generational planning, tax and legal matters. Wealth Planning works with a c200 families with investable assets of c£2million upwards. The Client Relationship role that we are currently recruiting for is to support the team within Wealth Planning who typically advise our wealthiest and more complex clients
The role holder will provide support to a Director or Adviser, to manage day to day client relationships for a portfolio of clients to ensure a very high level of service in the delivery of our advice.
PRINCIPAL ELEMENTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The precise responsibilities will vary depending on the nature of the client portfolio and will include:
Proactive assistance to Advisers and Directors in the management of client relationships by:
- Arranging and attending meetings, taking meeting notes and owning and following up on actions as appropriate.
- Working towards actively participating in meetings where the advice component is limited as a way of building experience.
- Acting as a point of liaison for general client queries and directing them to the relevant team members as appropriate.
- Assuming responsibility for monitoring the progress of client actions and driving these forward to implementation where possible.
- Liaising with third parties and other Stonehage Fleming teams to co-ordinate client delivery.
- Updating information on the CRM systems and client databases.
- Building relationships with clients.
- Supporting the Advisers and Directors with the onboarding of new clients, in such tasks as collating proposal information for the Advisers to review and progress.
Support day to day management of client investments and plans
- Proactively initiating advice to manage cash to meet fees or regular income payments.
- Working towards the preparation of “shortened advice” to manage simple elements of planning (such as ISA contributions, pension contributions/withdrawals).
- Preparing associated trading instructions and paperwork.
- Proactively liaising with third parties to co-ordinate the delivery to the client.
- Liaising with the Client Service team to oversee implementation.
- Reviewing client fees, reports and Portal updates to ensure accurate reporting.
Annual and periodic reviews
- Owning the annual review diary for clients, ensuring all reviews are completed and evidenced.
- Contributing proactively to the development of strategy and approach to annual review meetings.
- Preparing review meeting packs in accordance with Adviser requests for content.
- Completing any follow up actions, calling in technical support where required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideally educated to degree or equivalent level
- Some previous experience working in financial services (preferably Wealth Planning)
- Either good product knowledge of investments and financial planning products or a desire to gain further experience in this industry. In time, the successful applicant may be expected to sit financial planning exams to further their knowledge and progression
- Evidence of an ability to understand relatively complex situations and work to find solutions
- Relevant experience to be able to talk confidently and build relationships with colleagues at all levels and higher net worth clients.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise and juggle multiple demands on time
- Ability to lead projects to a conclusion.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with the confidence to talk to senior professionals be that the internal team, clients or other third parties such as lawyers and accountants
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good numeracy skills
- Well organised
- Strong team player who supports and works towards team goals
- Ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
- Keen to learn and acquire new skills