Client Services Associate - Wealth Planning
Stonehage Fleming is one of the world’s leading independently owned family offices and the largest in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)* as measured by its breadth of services, geographic reach and by assets under management, advice and administration. *Source: Campden FB, April 2018
Stonehage Fleming provides a range of services from long-term strategic planning and investments to day-to-day advice and administration to over 250 families of substantial wealth. The Group employs over 500 people in 11 offices across 8 geographies.
Within the wider Group, the Wealth Planning business provides integrated financial planning and investment advice to UK wealthy and aspiring individuals. It is separately regulated to provide financial advice in the UK across investments, pensions and protection and comprises approximately 18 staff looking after around 200 client families with average assets in excess of £2million.
This role is part of the Client Services team which is responsible for providing a high level of support to the Planners/Directors and for effective Client Service support in accordance with the high standards we offer our clients.
The client services team is responsible for:
- New client onboarding – setting up new clients on system
- Implementation of advice – liaison with pension and product providers to implement advice, obtaining quotes and illustrations
- Investment implementation – placing trades with platform providers to implement investment advice
- General administration including correspondence, scanning, filing, data updates, client valuations, fees
- Research and support for Planners/Directors including writing reports, dealing with client queries
As part of the team, the Client Services Associate will be responsible for a range of tasks with particular focus on general administration and implementation of advice.
We are looking for an individual interested in remaining in a client services/administration focused role. The role provides significant opportunity for personal development within the Client Services team both in dealing with more complex client matters and a broad and varied product range.
PRINCIPAL ELEMENTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Action and acknowledge incoming post and emails
- Update of client portal and price feeds and processing daily reports
- Preparation and distribution of client reports and letters ensuring all systems and documentation are accurate
- Setting up and updating client records on internal systems
- Scanning and filing client documents
IMPLEMENTATION OF ADVICE
- Pre-completion of forms for new and transferring pensions, protection and ISAs
- Submission of forms to providers
- Follow up on queries and chasing through to successful completion
- Placing of investment orders and instructions with custodians
- Updating all systems
- Contribute to the overall Client Services team providing cover for other team members
- Support other processes including client valuations, client fee letters
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidate must have prior work experience in an administrative role in a financial services company
- Experience of providing a high level of client service
- Experience of administration of pension and life business would be beneficial
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint at intermediate level
- Experience of working with CRM systems would be beneficial (including Adviser Office)
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise confidently with professionals of all levels to ensure the optimum level of service to our clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a busy and changing workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- An enquiring mind and a commitment to learn and develop