Senior Associate - Finance Business Partner (Family Office)
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The FBP for the FO Division will report to the Senior Finance Business Partner for the FO Division. The role requires close engagement with the Head of the Family Office Division and his senior direct reports and lead client relationship managers in each service line and jurisdiction. The FBO Family Office will also need to build relationships with the Group COO, Head of Commercial Finance, Group Head of Enablement, and the heads of IT, HR, and Business Development. Strong working relationships are also required with the other areas of the Finance team including Financial Control, FP&A, and Finance Systems and MI.
- Prepare monthly financial and operational MI for the Family Office division and each of its local business units including information on financial performance, revenues and expenses, front office productivity, new business, etc. with insightful commentary on performance and explanation of material variances to budget, forecast, and prior year.
- Present results each month to the Head of FO and to the division’s executive committee, as well as to individual service line and regional department heads
- Prepare additional periodic and ad-hoc reporting as required by the division.
- Provide information on the division’s financial performance and KPIs to the FP&A team for inclusion in monthly reporting to the Group Exco and Board.
- Continuously increase knowledge of the business and leverage this to identify opportunities to improve operating processes to help increase revenue, improve efficiency, reduce costs, and/or reduce risk
- · Work together with the business and with the Finance Systems and MI team to further develop the methodologies for measuring the global profitability of the division’s clients, encompassing the total revenue and contribution earned from all of the group’s services
- · Develop balanced scorecards for each client, lead relationship manager, and team to measure performance vs targets for revenue per client, WIP and recoverability, new business, client retention, cross-selling of other group services, aged debtors, and other measures as required by the business
- · Take an active role in regular reviews of client and Lead RM profitability, helping to identify opportunities and specific actions to increase profitability and tracking delivery
- · Prepare the annual budget and business plan for the Family Office Division and each of its business units, ensuring that all revenue, cost, and new business targets and investment spend are backed by a sound business case and adequate challenge.
- · Work with FP&A and Finance Systems and MI teams to create efficient process for quarterly forecasting and longer term (3-5 year) projections as required by the Board
SKILLS, BEHAVIOURS AND COMPETENCIES
- Self-starter with high level of energy and ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
- Confidence to interact with and challenge all levels of management within the organisation
- Honesty and integrity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commercially minded with ability to interpret data and present conclusions clearly
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong PowerPoint presentation skills
- Advanced Excel skills including ability to build financial models
- Experience using analytical tools such as Power BI, Power Pivot or comparable reporting tools
- Good management and mentoring skills
- Keen interest in investment, family office, and wealth management industry
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in similar roles demonstrating increasing responsibility / scope of role
- Previous experience within the Financial Services or Family Office industries is strongly preferred