Stonehage Fleming clients are defined by their purpose and ambition rather than by simple measures of current wealth.
Whatever the stage of their financial life story, they have in common a need for high quality strategic advice and planning, operational support and execution. To meet their needs we are able to draw on a rich array of in-house experience and expertise to manage and protect their wealth; we also work closely with families’ existing offices, advisers and our extensive network of professional firms.
Our relationships with clients would typically include:
- Helping define the purpose of the family wealth, its governance and succession plans.
- Managing and administering international structures such as trusts and companies.
- Managing investment portfolios on a discretionary and advisory basis.
- Ensuring plans are in place for all phases of the financial life cycle and that wealth is structured efficiently
- Identification and mitigation of the full spectrum of risks to family wealth.
- Reviewing legal structures, taking account of cross-border and inter-generational considerations.
- Sourcing and advising on private capital investment opportunities.
- Creating reports aggregating and analysing all aspects of client wealth.
- Coordination and execution of all banking and treasury needs.
- Advising on matters of corporate finance for the family business and other commercial interests.
- Management of art collections and other lifestyle assets.
We have a rich array of in-house expertise but we also work closely with families’ existing advisers and our network of experienced professional partners, in particular lawyers, accountants and trustees. Our scale and market presence enable us to identify the best professional partners internationally. We deliver the optimal combination of internal and external advice based on client needs.
Engaging visitors and supporting the local art ecosystem in Cape Town
Art has the power to influence, inspire and connect people - Morné VisagieView More
Working with farming families in South Africa
In this short video Reyneke van Wyk and Rikus Bouwer talk about working with farming families in South AfricaView More
Approach philanthropy as you would your wider investment strategy – Kate Boswell
Helping clients develop a framework for their philanthropic givingView More