Stonehage Fleming Announces Series Of Promotions Across Jersey And The Isle Of Man

19 Jul 2023


Stonehage Fleming Announces Series Of Promotions Across Jersey And The Isle Of Man


Stonehage Fleming (“the Group”) one of the world’s leading international Family Offices, announces that it has made a series of promotions across its Jersey and Isle of Man offices.

In the Jersey Family Office division, Bev Stewart has been promoted to Partner. Bev has over 19 years’ investment banking and financial services experience and works with a number of Stonehage Fleming’s international high-net-worth clients. She provides advice and support to families and their advisors around the globe, aiding the management and coordination of their financial needs. Bev joined the Group as a Director in 2020 from Absa Bank Limited in South Africa.

Also, in the Jersey Family Office division Leigh Driscoll and Monika Osiak Faria have been promoted to Associate Director, and Larni Sobere to Senior Associate.

In the Jersey Group Corporate, Legal and Tax Advisory division, Leanne Stuart has been promoted to Associate Director.

In the Isle of Man Family Office division Samantha Andrews, Keri Breadner and Tessa Burrows have been promoted to Associate Director.

Commenting on the promotions, Greg Harris, Head of Family Office Stonehage Fleming UK and Channel Islands, said: “We are delighted to recognise the outstanding achievements and contributions of our team members in these regions. These promotions demonstrate our commitment to fostering talent, creating opportunities for professional growth, and commitment to meeting the evolving needs of the world’s leading families and wealth creators. It also brings us great pleasure to welcome Bev on becoming Partner in Jersey. Since joining in 2020, she has been an invaluable addition to the team and to the families she advises.


Email Copy Link

Stonehage Fleming Makes Senior Compliance Appointments In Jersey And Guernsey

17 Jul 2023


Stonehage Fleming Makes Senior Compliance Appointments In Jersey And Guernsey


Stonehage Fleming (“Stonehage Fleming” or “the Group”), is delighted to announce recent Risk and Compliance appointments across its Channel Islands offices.

Candice Price has been appointed as the new Head of Risk and Compliance in Guernsey.

With over 31 years’ experience in risk and compliance, working across Guernsey, the UK, South Africa, Switzerland and Mauritius, Candice joined from Overseas Trust and Pension, where she was an Associate Director of Compliance, MLRO and MLCO, covering Guernsey and South Africa.

Candice will work with the Family Office team in Guernsey and risk and compliance teams across the Stonehage Fleming Group. She will also, later in 2023, assume prescribed officer responsibilities in relation to the Compliance Officer (CO), MLRO and MLCO for Stonehage Fleming’s operational entities in Guernsey, reporting to Paul Le Bihan.

Paul Le Bihan, a director in the risk and compliance team, has been promoted to Head of Risk and Compliance in Jersey. He is a Chartered Accountant, with 20 years’ experience in the Jersey financial services sector. Before joining the Group in 2016, he acted as CO, MLCO and MLRO for a Jersey – a US based hedge fund. Currently holding JFSC Key Person positions for the Jersey Corporate Funds division and its regulated clients, he will take over the JFSC registrations for the other Jersey business lines, and management of the Jersey risk and compliance team, from Hamish Ramsay.

Hamish joined the Group in 2017 and has 35 years’ broad experience in international finance. Following the acquisition in January 2022 of Maitland’s private client business, over 300 staff and 5 jurisdictions were added to the Group structure. Consequently, Hamish will now concentrate on his role as Group Head of Risk and Compliance - Family Office, with responsibility for 15 jurisdictions.

Ian Crosby, Global Head of Group Risk and Chairman of Stonehage Fleming Jersey, said: "We are delighted to welcome Candice to Stonehage Fleming. Her extensive experience and exceptional track record in risk and compliance make her an invaluable addition to our team. With her expertise, we are confident in her ability to ensure our clients' compliance needs are met and to drive our commitment to maintaining the highest standards of regulatory governance.

I have worked closely with Hamish and Paul over the last 6 years, and their knowledge, experience and teamwork have ensured that Stonehage Fleming Jersey maintain the highest standards of regulation despite the vast increase in global regulation and the speed of change in this sector. I’m thrilled that the Group have recognised the dedication and hard work of Paul, and his promotion is well deserved.

These appointments also reflect our ongoing dedication to being the distinguished independent adviser to the world’s leading families and wealth creators.”



Email Copy Link

Stonehage Fleming announces senior hire in Guernsey

11 May 2023


Stonehage Fleming announces senior hire in Guernsey


Guernsey, 11 May 2023 – Stonehage Fleming (“Stonehage Fleming” or “the Group”) one of the world’s leading international multi-family offices, is delighted to announce the appointment of Natasha Newell, as Director to the Group’s Family Office team in Guernsey.

Natasha has extensive experience of offshore trusts, having worked as a senior lawyer for some of the world’s leading offshore law firms, most recently Carey Olsen. She began her career as a competition lawyer in Brussels and subsequently qualified as an English barrister. She practiced out of a leading commercial set of barristers’ Chambers in London for over a decade. Natasha moved to Guernsey in 2014 and later qualified as a Guernsey Advocate. Her professional memberships include STEP, ACTAPS and the Chancery Bar Association.

Natasha’s broad commercial law background means that she is well placed to implement sound structured governance frameworks and deal with the types of cross-border estate and succession issues often faced by our clients.

Natasha has been appointed to the Board of Stonehage Fleming (Guernsey) Limited as well as the Boards of its Corporate Trustees and Corporate Directors. She will work closely with the Stonehage Fleming Family Office accounting, banking and investment teams. Her role is effective immediately and she will report directly to Iris Harvey, Head of Family Office Guernsey.

Iris Harvey, Head of Family Office, Stonehage Fleming Guernsey, said: “It is a pleasure to welcome Natasha to Stonehage Fleming. She is a seasoned and accomplished professional who brings a wealth of experience to our existing talented and dedicated team. Her appointment demonstrates our continued commitment to being the pre-eminent independent adviser to the world’s leading families and wealth creators and we are delighted to welcome her to the team.”


Email Copy Link

Stonehage Fleming Appoints Industry Stalwart as Head of Trusts and Estates

18 Apr 2023


Stonehage Fleming Appoints Industry Stalwart as Head of Trusts and Estates


Independent multi-family office Stonehage Fleming is delighted to announce the appointment of Irma Dick to its team of Directors as Head of Trusts and Estates in South Africa.

She was most recently the Deputy Master of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development at the Master of the High Court; a position she held since 1997. She joins Stonehage Fleming with significant experience on managing legal matters including deceased estates, curatorship estates, and testamentary and inter vivos trusts. Irma is also an admitted attorney.

Layve Rabinowitz, Head of Family Office for Stonehage Fleming in South Africa, said: “Irma brings a wealth of experience to our firm and a unique perspective from her history working at the Master of the High Court. We look forward to the benefits that her extensive knowledge will bring to our clients.”

Irma has been recognised for her professional contributions several times over the years including winning the Project Khaedu award for Core Skills. Project Khaedu looks to align policy development with implementation to create a positive impact on service delivery within government. She has helped to promote the empowerment of women, completed the IADE change leadership course and was awarded for best performance in labour dispute resolution by the LSSA Unisa Distance School for Legal Practice.

Irma Dick said: “I am excited to start this next professional chapter in a long journey working in the law. Stonehage Fleming is a reputable, long-term-orientated brand that I am proud to associate with. It’s a thrill to be able to turn my expertise towards family office and estate planning.”


Email Copy Link


Stonehage Fleming Announces Series Of Promotions Across Jersey And The Isle Of Man


Stonehage Fleming (“the Group”) one of the world’s leading international Family Offices, announces that it has made a series of promotions across its Jersey and Isle of Man offices.

In the Jersey Family Office division, Bev Stewart has been promoted to Partner. Bev has over 19 years’ investment banking and financial services experience and works with a number of Stonehage Fleming’s international high-net-worth clients. She provides advice and support to families and their advisors around the globe, aiding the management and coordination of their financial needs. Bev joined the Group as a Director in 2020 from Absa Bank Limited in South Africa.

Also, in the Jersey Family Office division Leigh Driscoll and Monika Osiak Faria have been promoted to Associate Director, and Larni Sobere to Senior Associate.

In the Jersey Group Corporate, Legal and Tax Advisory division, Leanne Stuart has been promoted to Associate Director.

In the Isle of Man Family Office division Samantha Andrews, Keri Breadner and Tessa Burrows have been promoted to Associate Director.

Commenting on the promotions, Greg Harris, Head of Family Office Stonehage Fleming UK and Channel Islands, said: “We are delighted to recognise the outstanding achievements and contributions of our team members in these regions. These promotions demonstrate our commitment to fostering talent, creating opportunities for professional growth, and commitment to meeting the evolving needs of the world’s leading families and wealth creators. It also brings us great pleasure to welcome Bev on becoming Partner in Jersey. Since joining in 2020, she has been an invaluable addition to the team and to the families she advises.


Email Copy Link


Stonehage Fleming Makes Senior Compliance Appointments In Jersey And Guernsey


Stonehage Fleming (“Stonehage Fleming” or “the Group”), is delighted to announce recent Risk and Compliance appointments across its Channel Islands offices.

Candice Price has been appointed as the new Head of Risk and Compliance in Guernsey.

With over 31 years’ experience in risk and compliance, working across Guernsey, the UK, South Africa, Switzerland and Mauritius, Candice joined from Overseas Trust and Pension, where she was an Associate Director of Compliance, MLRO and MLCO, covering Guernsey and South Africa.

Candice will work with the Family Office team in Guernsey and risk and compliance teams across the Stonehage Fleming Group. She will also, later in 2023, assume prescribed officer responsibilities in relation to the Compliance Officer (CO), MLRO and MLCO for Stonehage Fleming’s operational entities in Guernsey, reporting to Paul Le Bihan.

Paul Le Bihan, a director in the risk and compliance team, has been promoted to Head of Risk and Compliance in Jersey. He is a Chartered Accountant, with 20 years’ experience in the Jersey financial services sector. Before joining the Group in 2016, he acted as CO, MLCO and MLRO for a Jersey – a US based hedge fund. Currently holding JFSC Key Person positions for the Jersey Corporate Funds division and its regulated clients, he will take over the JFSC registrations for the other Jersey business lines, and management of the Jersey risk and compliance team, from Hamish Ramsay.

Hamish joined the Group in 2017 and has 35 years’ broad experience in international finance. Following the acquisition in January 2022 of Maitland’s private client business, over 300 staff and 5 jurisdictions were added to the Group structure. Consequently, Hamish will now concentrate on his role as Group Head of Risk and Compliance - Family Office, with responsibility for 15 jurisdictions.

Ian Crosby, Global Head of Group Risk and Chairman of Stonehage Fleming Jersey, said: "We are delighted to welcome Candice to Stonehage Fleming. Her extensive experience and exceptional track record in risk and compliance make her an invaluable addition to our team. With her expertise, we are confident in her ability to ensure our clients' compliance needs are met and to drive our commitment to maintaining the highest standards of regulatory governance.

I have worked closely with Hamish and Paul over the last 6 years, and their knowledge, experience and teamwork have ensured that Stonehage Fleming Jersey maintain the highest standards of regulation despite the vast increase in global regulation and the speed of change in this sector. I’m thrilled that the Group have recognised the dedication and hard work of Paul, and his promotion is well deserved.

These appointments also reflect our ongoing dedication to being the distinguished independent adviser to the world’s leading families and wealth creators.”



Email Copy Link


Stonehage Fleming announces senior hire in Guernsey


Guernsey, 11 May 2023 – Stonehage Fleming (“Stonehage Fleming” or “the Group”) one of the world’s leading international multi-family offices, is delighted to announce the appointment of Natasha Newell, as Director to the Group’s Family Office team in Guernsey.

Natasha has extensive experience of offshore trusts, having worked as a senior lawyer for some of the world’s leading offshore law firms, most recently Carey Olsen. She began her career as a competition lawyer in Brussels and subsequently qualified as an English barrister. She practiced out of a leading commercial set of barristers’ Chambers in London for over a decade. Natasha moved to Guernsey in 2014 and later qualified as a Guernsey Advocate. Her professional memberships include STEP, ACTAPS and the Chancery Bar Association.

Natasha’s broad commercial law background means that she is well placed to implement sound structured governance frameworks and deal with the types of cross-border estate and succession issues often faced by our clients.

Natasha has been appointed to the Board of Stonehage Fleming (Guernsey) Limited as well as the Boards of its Corporate Trustees and Corporate Directors. She will work closely with the Stonehage Fleming Family Office accounting, banking and investment teams. Her role is effective immediately and she will report directly to Iris Harvey, Head of Family Office Guernsey.

Iris Harvey, Head of Family Office, Stonehage Fleming Guernsey, said: “It is a pleasure to welcome Natasha to Stonehage Fleming. She is a seasoned and accomplished professional who brings a wealth of experience to our existing talented and dedicated team. Her appointment demonstrates our continued commitment to being the pre-eminent independent adviser to the world’s leading families and wealth creators and we are delighted to welcome her to the team.”


Email Copy Link


Stonehage Fleming Appoints Industry Stalwart as Head of Trusts and Estates


Independent multi-family office Stonehage Fleming is delighted to announce the appointment of Irma Dick to its team of Directors as Head of Trusts and Estates in South Africa.

She was most recently the Deputy Master of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development at the Master of the High Court; a position she held since 1997. She joins Stonehage Fleming with significant experience on managing legal matters including deceased estates, curatorship estates, and testamentary and inter vivos trusts. Irma is also an admitted attorney.

Layve Rabinowitz, Head of Family Office for Stonehage Fleming in South Africa, said: “Irma brings a wealth of experience to our firm and a unique perspective from her history working at the Master of the High Court. We look forward to the benefits that her extensive knowledge will bring to our clients.”

Irma has been recognised for her professional contributions several times over the years including winning the Project Khaedu award for Core Skills. Project Khaedu looks to align policy development with implementation to create a positive impact on service delivery within government. She has helped to promote the empowerment of women, completed the IADE change leadership course and was awarded for best performance in labour dispute resolution by the LSSA Unisa Distance School for Legal Practice.

Irma Dick said: “I am excited to start this next professional chapter in a long journey working in the law. Stonehage Fleming is a reputable, long-term-orientated brand that I am proud to associate with. It’s a thrill to be able to turn my expertise towards family office and estate planning.”


Email Copy Link

Stonehage Fleming Appoints Trustee Director In Jersey

10 Mar 2023


Stonehage Fleming Appoints Trustee Director In Jersey


Stonehage Fleming (“Stonehage Fleming” or “the Group”) one of the world’s leading international multi-family offices, announces the appointment of Sarah Bartram-Lora Reina as a Trustee Director in the Jersey Family Office Division.

Sarah has over 30 years’ of experience in the financial services industry covering retail, private and investment banking; as well as trust and corporate services. She joins Stonehage Fleming from Ocorian Limited, where she was an Executive Director. Prior to this, Sarah was a Client Director at Zedra Trust Company (Jersey) Limited (formerly Barclays Private Bank & Trust Company Limited). Sarah is President of JATCo and was named in Citywealth’s Top 20 Trustees in 2023.

Sarah will work closely with clients, advisers, co-trustees and across divisions and business units within the Stonehage Fleming Group. She is based in Jersey and will report directly to Richard Stride, Head of Family Office Jersey. Her role is effective immediately.

Also joining Stonehage Fleming’s Jersey Family Office team is Claire Strecker as a Director in Risk & Compliance. Claire joins from Hawksford where she was a Fund Compliance Manager. Additional hires of Ashley Correia, Client Relationship Manager, Kim Wink, Compliance Manager, and Henry Mehigan as Senior Client Accountant, have also been made. All roles are effective immediately.

Ian Crosby, Chairman of Stonehage Fleming Jersey, said: “It is a pleasure to welcome Sarah to Stonehage Fleming. Sarah is a seasoned and accomplished Director with a wealth of experience in the financial services industry, she will bring invaluable insight and experience to our team and help to further enhance our offering to our clients.

The hire of Sarah, alongside the other multiple hires, is a further demonstration of our commitment of building out our offering and presence here in Jersey. We are thrilled to welcome so many new faces to our extremely talented Jersey team.”

Sarah Bartram-Lora Reina added: “I am delighted to join Stonehage Fleming and the highly experienced and qualified team. I look forward to working closely with my new colleagues across the Group as we continue to support the ever-evolving client base to ensure effective management of wealth.”


Email Copy Link

Stonehage Fleming Completes Acquisition Of Rootstock Investment Management

03 Mar 2023


Stonehage Fleming Completes Acquisition Of Rootstock Investment Management


Stonehage Fleming (“Stonehage Fleming” or “the Group”), one of the world’s leading international multi-family offices, today announces the completion of its acquisition of the business and assets of Rootstock Investment Management (“Rootstock”), an investment firm based in South Africa. The transaction was previously announced on 21 October 2022.

Effective 1 March 2023, Rootstock’s Worldwide Flexible Fund has been rebranded as the Stonehage Fleming SCI Worldwide Flexible Fund. Rootstock’s Global Equity Fund has been merged into Stonehage Fleming’s Global Best Ideas Equity Fund, which is managed in London by industry leader Gerrit Smit.

Chris Merry, Stonehage Fleming Group CEO commented: “We are pleased to announce the formal completion of our acquisition of Rootstock. Making selected acquisitions to enhance our proposition and increase our scale as a complement to organic growth is part of our strategic plan. We will continue to look for more opportunities to bring our differentiated and comprehensive offering to new clients.”

Stonehage Fleming was advised on the transaction by Stonehage Fleming Advisory and Stonehage Fleming Law.




Email Copy Link

Stonehage Fleming Announced As A Founding Member Of The University Of Westminster’s Chancellor’s Circle

27 Feb 2023


Stonehage Fleming Announced As A Founding Member Of The University Of Westminster’s Chancellor’s Circle


Stonehage Fleming (“the Group”), one of the world’s leading international Family Offices, announces it is one of twelve founding members of the University of Westminster’s Chancellor’s Circle. The Chancellor’s Circle, established by Stonehage Fleming UK Advisory Board Member, Natalie Campbell MBE, is a community of leading organisations who have pledged significant support to University of Westminster students. Natalie Campbell MBE, was installed as the Chancellor of the University of Westminster on Friday 10 February.

The founding partners of the initiative will offer practical support to the University’s students through mentoring, internships and work experience to provide the students with career experience, insights and skills.

Chris Merry, CEO of Stonehage Fleming, said: “We congratulate Natalie on her appointment as Chancellor of the University of Westminster. We are pleased to support her important inaugural initiative, The Chancellor’s Circle.”

“Our commitment to be a founding partner is a demonstration of both our social capital and our focus on the Next Generation. This initiative allows us to support our local community in London and to work with an impressive academic institution which prides itself on its diversity and inclusivity.”

Natalie Campbell, MBE, Stonehage Fleming UK Advisory Board Member, said: “It is an honour to join the University of Westminster as their Chancellor and to be able to provide important opportunities for the students through mentoring and practical experience. The creation of the Chancellor’s Circle will enable students to gain invaluable skills they need as they look to take the next step in their careers.”

“I am grateful for Stonehage Fleming’s support for this initiative and I look forward to introducing our Westminster students to the opportunities of working with an international Family Office.”

For more details about the Chancellor’s Circle and for the full list of founding partners, please visit here.


Email Copy Link

Stonehage Fleming Treasury appoints Director

02 Feb 2023


Stonehage Fleming Treasury appoints Director


Jersey, 2 February 2023 – Stonehage Fleming (“Stonehage Fleming” or “the Group”) one of the world’s leading international multi-family offices, announces the appointment of Ed Hawthorne as Director to Stonehage Fleming Dealing and Treasury Services (Jersey) Limited (“Stonehage Fleming Treasury”).

Ed has over 15 years’ experience in finance and treasury operations and dealing. He joins Stonehage Fleming from Atrium European Real Estate where he was Group Head of Treasury. Prior to this, Ed was Senior Treasury Manager at CPA Global and Treasury Manager at MatchesFashion.com.

Ed will be based in Jersey and will report directly to Stefan Flachsmann, Stonehage Fleming’s Global Head of Financial Services. His role is effective immediately.

Stefan Flachsmann, Global Head of Financial Services Stonehage Fleming, said: “It is a pleasure to welcome Ed to Stonehage Fleming and we look forward to him bringing a fresh perspective to ensure effective strategic and practical management of Stonehage Fleming Treasury. His experience will be invaluable to the Group as we continue to support many of the world’s leading families and wealth creators across generations and geographies.”

Ed Hawthorne added: “I am delighted to join Stonehage Fleming. I look forward to continuing the already comprehensive work its dealing and treasury service provides, acting as a single point of contact for clients’ banking and investment requirements; something which is paramount to risk mitigation across the entirety of a family’s wealth.”

Ed will take over from Graeme Gill who has also decided to step out of his current role as Head of Treasury Services in April and will assume a senior relationship manager role within Stonehage Fleming Group Financial Services. In his new role, Graeme will be responsible for marketing, both externally and internally, the services of Stonehage Fleming Treasury and the solutions of Stonehage Fleming Group Financial Services to support clients’ banking solutions needs.

Stefan Flachsmann said: “We are extremely happy to be able to retain Graeme and his vast knowledge for this new role within Stonehage Fleming. We would like to thank him for all his efforts, commitment and passion in developing and growing Stonehage Fleming Dealing & Treasury over the last 9 years.”


Email Copy Link


Stonehage Fleming Appoints Trustee Director In Jersey


Stonehage Fleming (“Stonehage Fleming” or “the Group”) one of the world’s leading international multi-family offices, announces the appointment of Sarah Bartram-Lora Reina as a Trustee Director in the Jersey Family Office Division.

Sarah has over 30 years’ of experience in the financial services industry covering retail, private and investment banking; as well as trust and corporate services. She joins Stonehage Fleming from Ocorian Limited, where she was an Executive Director. Prior to this, Sarah was a Client Director at Zedra Trust Company (Jersey) Limited (formerly Barclays Private Bank & Trust Company Limited). Sarah is President of JATCo and was named in Citywealth’s Top 20 Trustees in 2023.

Sarah will work closely with clients, advisers, co-trustees and across divisions and business units within the Stonehage Fleming Group. She is based in Jersey and will report directly to Richard Stride, Head of Family Office Jersey. Her role is effective immediately.

Also joining Stonehage Fleming’s Jersey Family Office team is Claire Strecker as a Director in Risk & Compliance. Claire joins from Hawksford where she was a Fund Compliance Manager. Additional hires of Ashley Correia, Client Relationship Manager, Kim Wink, Compliance Manager, and Henry Mehigan as Senior Client Accountant, have also been made. All roles are effective immediately.

Ian Crosby, Chairman of Stonehage Fleming Jersey, said: “It is a pleasure to welcome Sarah to Stonehage Fleming. Sarah is a seasoned and accomplished Director with a wealth of experience in the financial services industry, she will bring invaluable insight and experience to our team and help to further enhance our offering to our clients.

The hire of Sarah, alongside the other multiple hires, is a further demonstration of our commitment of building out our offering and presence here in Jersey. We are thrilled to welcome so many new faces to our extremely talented Jersey team.”

Sarah Bartram-Lora Reina added: “I am delighted to join Stonehage Fleming and the highly experienced and qualified team. I look forward to working closely with my new colleagues across the Group as we continue to support the ever-evolving client base to ensure effective management of wealth.”


Email Copy Link


Stonehage Fleming Completes Acquisition Of Rootstock Investment Management


Stonehage Fleming (“Stonehage Fleming” or “the Group”), one of the world’s leading international multi-family offices, today announces the completion of its acquisition of the business and assets of Rootstock Investment Management (“Rootstock”), an investment firm based in South Africa. The transaction was previously announced on 21 October 2022.

Effective 1 March 2023, Rootstock’s Worldwide Flexible Fund has been rebranded as the Stonehage Fleming SCI Worldwide Flexible Fund. Rootstock’s Global Equity Fund has been merged into Stonehage Fleming’s Global Best Ideas Equity Fund, which is managed in London by industry leader Gerrit Smit.

Chris Merry, Stonehage Fleming Group CEO commented: “We are pleased to announce the formal completion of our acquisition of Rootstock. Making selected acquisitions to enhance our proposition and increase our scale as a complement to organic growth is part of our strategic plan. We will continue to look for more opportunities to bring our differentiated and comprehensive offering to new clients.”

Stonehage Fleming was advised on the transaction by Stonehage Fleming Advisory and Stonehage Fleming Law.




Email Copy Link


Stonehage Fleming Announced As A Founding Member Of The University Of Westminster’s Chancellor’s Circle


Stonehage Fleming (“the Group”), one of the world’s leading international Family Offices, announces it is one of twelve founding members of the University of Westminster’s Chancellor’s Circle. The Chancellor’s Circle, established by Stonehage Fleming UK Advisory Board Member, Natalie Campbell MBE, is a community of leading organisations who have pledged significant support to University of Westminster students. Natalie Campbell MBE, was installed as the Chancellor of the University of Westminster on Friday 10 February.

The founding partners of the initiative will offer practical support to the University’s students through mentoring, internships and work experience to provide the students with career experience, insights and skills.

Chris Merry, CEO of Stonehage Fleming, said: “We congratulate Natalie on her appointment as Chancellor of the University of Westminster. We are pleased to support her important inaugural initiative, The Chancellor’s Circle.”

“Our commitment to be a founding partner is a demonstration of both our social capital and our focus on the Next Generation. This initiative allows us to support our local community in London and to work with an impressive academic institution which prides itself on its diversity and inclusivity.”

Natalie Campbell, MBE, Stonehage Fleming UK Advisory Board Member, said: “It is an honour to join the University of Westminster as their Chancellor and to be able to provide important opportunities for the students through mentoring and practical experience. The creation of the Chancellor’s Circle will enable students to gain invaluable skills they need as they look to take the next step in their careers.”

“I am grateful for Stonehage Fleming’s support for this initiative and I look forward to introducing our Westminster students to the opportunities of working with an international Family Office.”

For more details about the Chancellor’s Circle and for the full list of founding partners, please visit here.


Email Copy Link


Stonehage Fleming Treasury appoints Director


Jersey, 2 February 2023 – Stonehage Fleming (“Stonehage Fleming” or “the Group”) one of the world’s leading international multi-family offices, announces the appointment of Ed Hawthorne as Director to Stonehage Fleming Dealing and Treasury Services (Jersey) Limited (“Stonehage Fleming Treasury”).

Ed has over 15 years’ experience in finance and treasury operations and dealing. He joins Stonehage Fleming from Atrium European Real Estate where he was Group Head of Treasury. Prior to this, Ed was Senior Treasury Manager at CPA Global and Treasury Manager at MatchesFashion.com.

Ed will be based in Jersey and will report directly to Stefan Flachsmann, Stonehage Fleming’s Global Head of Financial Services. His role is effective immediately.

Stefan Flachsmann, Global Head of Financial Services Stonehage Fleming, said: “It is a pleasure to welcome Ed to Stonehage Fleming and we look forward to him bringing a fresh perspective to ensure effective strategic and practical management of Stonehage Fleming Treasury. His experience will be invaluable to the Group as we continue to support many of the world’s leading families and wealth creators across generations and geographies.”

Ed Hawthorne added: “I am delighted to join Stonehage Fleming. I look forward to continuing the already comprehensive work its dealing and treasury service provides, acting as a single point of contact for clients’ banking and investment requirements; something which is paramount to risk mitigation across the entirety of a family’s wealth.”

Ed will take over from Graeme Gill who has also decided to step out of his current role as Head of Treasury Services in April and will assume a senior relationship manager role within Stonehage Fleming Group Financial Services. In his new role, Graeme will be responsible for marketing, both externally and internally, the services of Stonehage Fleming Treasury and the solutions of Stonehage Fleming Group Financial Services to support clients’ banking solutions needs.

Stefan Flachsmann said: “We are extremely happy to be able to retain Graeme and his vast knowledge for this new role within Stonehage Fleming. We would like to thank him for all his efforts, commitment and passion in developing and growing Stonehage Fleming Dealing & Treasury over the last 9 years.”


Email Copy Link

STONEHAGE FLEMING XV: INAUGRAL COHORT REVEALED

01 Feb 2023


STONEHAGE FLEMING XV: INAUGRAL COHORT REVEALED


London, 1st February 2023 – Stonehage Fleming (“the Group”), one of the world’s leading international Family Offices, announces the fifteen women chosen for the inaugural ‘Stonehage Fleming XV: The Next Chapter of Wealth’.

This new UK initiative recognises women in leadership roles for their broad contribution, exhibiting all the positive characteristics of Stonehage Fleming’s Four Pillars of Capital. This premise, based on Stonehage Fleming’s regular proprietary research, holds that a family’s social, intellectual and cultural capital are as important to its long-term intergenerational health, as its financial capital.

The chosen SFXV come from a diverse variety of sectors including Life sciences, Pharma, Healthcare, Professional and financial services, Retail, Technology, Charities, and Arts & Culture.

The full list is:

  • Dame Kate Bingham, DBE, Managing Partner, SV Health Investors and Former Chair of the UK Vaccine Taskforce
  • Karen Blackett, OBE, WPP U.K President
  • Francesca Brady, CEO & Co-Founder, AirRated
  • Emma Bridgewater, CBE, Founder
  • Jordan Brompton, Co-Founder & Chief Marketing Officer, myenergi
  • Alex Depledge, MBE, Founder & CEO, Resi
  • Dame Jayne-Anne Gadhia, DBE, Founder and Executive Chair, Snoop
  • Michelle Kennedy, Founder and CEO, Peanut
  • Deepali Nangia, Partner, Speedinvest
  • Birgit Neu, Senior DEI Advisor
  • Jenn Nkiru, Artist and Director
  • Samantha Payne, MBE, Founder, Open Bionics
  • Sharmadean Reid, MBE, Founder, The Stack World
  • Romi Savova, Founder and CEO, PensionBee
  • Laura Winningham, OBE, Founder and former CEO, City Harvest

The list was formally unveiled last night at a drinks reception where specially commissioned portraits of the SFXV, taken by the celebrated photographer Millie Pilkington, were displayed.

Chris Merry, CEO of Stonehage Fleming and SFXV judge, said: “The SFXV is an active demonstration of Stonehage Fleming’s huge admiration and respect for female talent, creativity and leadership. I have thoroughly enjoyed taking part as a judge throughout the selection process. Alongside our internal and external judges, we wish to thank all those who put forward nominations.”

Natalie Campbell, MBE, Stonehage Fleming UK Advisory Board Member and SFXV judge, said: “We are thrilled to have such pioneering female business leaders as part of our first cohort of the SFXV. Through the creation and launch of this cohort of women we have created a community where women can connect and collaborate through this shared experience.”

For more details about the Four Pillars of Capital and how they can be used as a framework for intergenerational wealth planning, please visit https://www.stonehagefleming.c...

Find out more about our SFXV: www.stonehagefleming.com/sf15


Email Copy Link

Stonehage Fleming Announces Appointment of Global Head of Human Resources

11 Jan 2023


Stonehage Fleming Announces Appointment of Global Head of Human Resources


Stonehage Fleming (“the Group”), one of the world’s leading international multi-family offices, announces the appointment of Carol Mote as Global Head of Human Resources and a member of the Group Executive Committee.

Carol has over 20 years’ experience as a senior Human Resources professional specialising in HR transformations, cultural change and employee relations. She has also acted as a strategic adviser leading M&A transactions from a people perspective. She first joined Stonehage Fleming as interim Global Head of Human Resources in July 2022. Prior to joining Stonehage Fleming, Carol was a Managing Director and Senior Director for professional services companies KPMG and Deloitte. She has also held global roles with JPMorgan, LSEG, Unilever and Centrica.

Carol will be based in London reporting directly to Chris Merry, Group CEO. Her role is effective immediately.

Commenting on the appointment, Chris Merry, Group CEO of Stonehage Fleming, said: “It is a pleasure to welcome Carol to Stonehage Fleming as our Global Head of Human Resources. She brings deep people expertise and extensive knowledge of client facing businesses in several sectors, including financial and professional services. The combination of Carol’s commercial and operational acumen and her proactive and pragmatic approach to organisational transformation will be invaluable to the Group as it continues to grow and respond to an increasingly challenging operating environment worldwide.”

Carol Mote said: “I am delighted to join Stonehage Fleming to lead and drive the Group’s HR offering. The Group recognises that people are its greatest asset and I look forward to leveraging my global experience in this area as it continues to grow. Stonehage Fleming is a widely respected adviser to many of the world’s leading families and wealth creators and I am excited to be part of the team.”


Email Copy Link

Stonehage Fleming Appoints Senior Trustee in Jersey

24 Nov 2022


Stonehage Fleming Appoints Senior Trustee in Jersey


Stonehage Fleming (“Stonehage Fleming” or “the Group”) one of the world’s leading international multi-family offices, announces the appointment of Laura Perkins as Senior Trustee.

Adding to Stonehage Fleming’s fiduciary expertise, Laura will be responsible for managing assets held in trust on behalf of beneficiaries, acting on boards of corporate trustee and corporate director companies in a number of jurisdictions. Laura is based in Jersey and reports to Richard Stride, Head of Family Office Jersey. Her appointment is effective immediately.

With 17 years’ legal experience Laura joins Stonehage Fleming from Collas Crill where she was a Group Partner. Appointed to the firm in 2019, she was responsible for providing advice to private and institutional clients on all aspects of Jersey trust, succession and probate law and ancillary matters. Prior to this role, she was a senior associate at Harneys based in the British Virgin Islands.

Richard Stride, Head of Family Office Stonehage Fleming Jersey, said: “It is a pleasure to welcome Laura to Stonehage Fleming. Her extensive technical expertise will be invaluable to our existing talented and dedicated fiduciary teams. The appointment of Laura reflects the importance of our presence here on the Island and our continued role as trusted advisers to many of the world’s leading families and wealth creators across generations and geographies.”

Laura Perkins added: “I am delighted to join Stonehage Fleming. The Group has decades of practical experience and a substantial range of cross-jurisdictional fiduciary services and I look forward to enhancing the team’s expert fiduciary offering here in Jersey.

Stonehage Fleming continues to grow in Jersey with an additional appointment of Mee Mee Phyo. She joins Family Office Jersey as a Trust Administrator and reports to Rebecca French. Her appointment is effective immediately. Mee Mee Phyo joins from Fairway Group where she was a trust and client accounts administrator.

ENDS

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT

MEDIA CONTACTS

Montfort Communications

Pippa Bailey / Isabel Garnon

E: stonehagefleming@montfort.london

T: +44 7738 912267 / +44 7772 207 207

NOTES TO EDITORS

Stonehage Fleming is one of the world’s leading independently owned multi- family offices and the largest in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), as measured by its breadth of services, geographic reach and by assets under management, advice and administration.

Stonehage Fleming provides a range of services from long-term strategic planning and investments to day-to-day advice and administration to the world’s leading families and wealth creators. The Group advises on over GBP60bn (USD75bn) of assets and includes an investment business with more than GBP16bn (USD20bn) under management for families and charities. Stonehage Fleming is c.50% owned by management and staff. The Group employs over 900 people in 14 locations around the world.

Find out more at: www.stonehagefleming.com


Email Copy Link

Stonehage Fleming Hosts Cocktail Party to Celebrate Opening of Miami Office

21 Nov 2022


Stonehage Fleming Hosts Cocktail Party to Celebrate Opening of Miami Office


The Hotel AKA Brickell recently played host to a cocktail party held by one of the world’s leading international Family Offices, Stonehage Fleming.

The event was staged to celebrate the opening of Stonehage Fleming’s new office in Florida. Guests representing Miami’s dynamic ultra-high net worth community enjoyed cocktails and conversation with Stonehage Fleming’s North American Leadership team, including Johan van Niekerk, Head of Family Office, US; Peter Rosenberg, Head of US offices in Philadelphia, PA and Mike Moodie, Head of Family Office for Canada in Toronto.

Commenting on the evening, Johan van Niekerk said: “This is a new chapter for Stonehage Fleming that is especially meaningful for us as a team because it demonstrates our commitment to expanding our capabilities in the United States.

“Being here represents a fantastic opportunity. Miami is the undisputed gateway to Latin America and we are so excited to be able to offer a local presence that meets the needs of this important and growing segment of our client base.”

Stonehage Fleming’s office is located in the Brickell Avenue Financial District. Lowry Brescia has been appointed to the position of Client Relationship Manager and heads the Group’s Representative Office in Miami. She works alongside Johan van Niekerk and is responsible for the development and management of client relationships in key markets of both Florida and Latin America.

A Miami resident of over two decades, Lowry joined the Group in 2022 after having spent five years’ as Vice President of Operations a private commercial real estate investment Fund subsidiary of Lionheart Capital, where she managed the day-to-day operations of a 6 million square foot portfolio throughout the US. Prior to this, she spent over a decade at Cantor Group (formerly Cantor & Webb), a world renowned International Tax Law Firm, where she managed the affairs of ultra/high net worth international individuals and families from Latin America, the United States, the Caribbean and Europe.

Lowry Brescia concluded: “Families around the world find themselves navigating an increasingly sophisticated and complicated environment. This is especially true for Latin-American families who have been dealing with political instability, ever changing tax regimes and insecurity for years. At the same time, there has been a significant jump in private capital investments throughout the region, especially focusing on the digital infrastructure and renewable energy sectors. These unique set of circumstances have led to a sustained and growing demand for expert advice on a multi-jurisdictional level.”

“Stonehage Fleming has been supporting wealthy families with complex international lives for decades. The growing number of Latin American families we support is a testament to our work and our commitment to the region.”

Stonehage Fleming now has a presence in 14 geographies around the world, including an office in Philadelphia, and a representative office in Toronto, Canada.

NOTES TO EDITORS

Stonehage Fleming is one of the world’s leading independently owned multi- family offices and the largest in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), as measured by its breadth of services, geographic reach and by assets under management, advice and administration.

Stonehage Fleming provides a range of services from long-term strategic planning and investments to day-to-day advice and administration to the world’s leading families and wealth creators. The Group advises on over GBP60bn (USD75bn) of assets and includes an investment business with more than GBP16bn (USD20bn) under management for families and charities. Stonehage Fleming is c.50% owned by management and staff. The Group employs over 900 people in 14 locations around the world. Find out more at: www.stonehagefleming.com


Email Copy Link


STONEHAGE FLEMING XV: INAUGRAL COHORT REVEALED


London, 1st February 2023 – Stonehage Fleming (“the Group”), one of the world’s leading international Family Offices, announces the fifteen women chosen for the inaugural ‘Stonehage Fleming XV: The Next Chapter of Wealth’.

This new UK initiative recognises women in leadership roles for their broad contribution, exhibiting all the positive characteristics of Stonehage Fleming’s Four Pillars of Capital. This premise, based on Stonehage Fleming’s regular proprietary research, holds that a family’s social, intellectual and cultural capital are as important to its long-term intergenerational health, as its financial capital.

The chosen SFXV come from a diverse variety of sectors including Life sciences, Pharma, Healthcare, Professional and financial services, Retail, Technology, Charities, and Arts & Culture.

The full list is:

  • Dame Kate Bingham, DBE, Managing Partner, SV Health Investors and Former Chair of the UK Vaccine Taskforce
  • Karen Blackett, OBE, WPP U.K President
  • Francesca Brady, CEO & Co-Founder, AirRated
  • Emma Bridgewater, CBE, Founder
  • Jordan Brompton, Co-Founder & Chief Marketing Officer, myenergi
  • Alex Depledge, MBE, Founder & CEO, Resi
  • Dame Jayne-Anne Gadhia, DBE, Founder and Executive Chair, Snoop
  • Michelle Kennedy, Founder and CEO, Peanut
  • Deepali Nangia, Partner, Speedinvest
  • Birgit Neu, Senior DEI Advisor
  • Jenn Nkiru, Artist and Director
  • Samantha Payne, MBE, Founder, Open Bionics
  • Sharmadean Reid, MBE, Founder, The Stack World
  • Romi Savova, Founder and CEO, PensionBee
  • Laura Winningham, OBE, Founder and former CEO, City Harvest

The list was formally unveiled last night at a drinks reception where specially commissioned portraits of the SFXV, taken by the celebrated photographer Millie Pilkington, were displayed.

Chris Merry, CEO of Stonehage Fleming and SFXV judge, said: “The SFXV is an active demonstration of Stonehage Fleming’s huge admiration and respect for female talent, creativity and leadership. I have thoroughly enjoyed taking part as a judge throughout the selection process. Alongside our internal and external judges, we wish to thank all those who put forward nominations.”

Natalie Campbell, MBE, Stonehage Fleming UK Advisory Board Member and SFXV judge, said: “We are thrilled to have such pioneering female business leaders as part of our first cohort of the SFXV. Through the creation and launch of this cohort of women we have created a community where women can connect and collaborate through this shared experience.”

For more details about the Four Pillars of Capital and how they can be used as a framework for intergenerational wealth planning, please visit https://www.stonehagefleming.c...

Find out more about our SFXV: www.stonehagefleming.com/sf15


Email Copy Link


Stonehage Fleming Announces Appointment of Global Head of Human Resources


Stonehage Fleming (“the Group”), one of the world’s leading international multi-family offices, announces the appointment of Carol Mote as Global Head of Human Resources and a member of the Group Executive Committee.

Carol has over 20 years’ experience as a senior Human Resources professional specialising in HR transformations, cultural change and employee relations. She has also acted as a strategic adviser leading M&A transactions from a people perspective. She first joined Stonehage Fleming as interim Global Head of Human Resources in July 2022. Prior to joining Stonehage Fleming, Carol was a Managing Director and Senior Director for professional services companies KPMG and Deloitte. She has also held global roles with JPMorgan, LSEG, Unilever and Centrica.

Carol will be based in London reporting directly to Chris Merry, Group CEO. Her role is effective immediately.

Commenting on the appointment, Chris Merry, Group CEO of Stonehage Fleming, said: “It is a pleasure to welcome Carol to Stonehage Fleming as our Global Head of Human Resources. She brings deep people expertise and extensive knowledge of client facing businesses in several sectors, including financial and professional services. The combination of Carol’s commercial and operational acumen and her proactive and pragmatic approach to organisational transformation will be invaluable to the Group as it continues to grow and respond to an increasingly challenging operating environment worldwide.”

Carol Mote said: “I am delighted to join Stonehage Fleming to lead and drive the Group’s HR offering. The Group recognises that people are its greatest asset and I look forward to leveraging my global experience in this area as it continues to grow. Stonehage Fleming is a widely respected adviser to many of the world’s leading families and wealth creators and I am excited to be part of the team.”


Email Copy Link


Stonehage Fleming Appoints Senior Trustee in Jersey


Stonehage Fleming (“Stonehage Fleming” or “the Group”) one of the world’s leading international multi-family offices, announces the appointment of Laura Perkins as Senior Trustee.

Adding to Stonehage Fleming’s fiduciary expertise, Laura will be responsible for managing assets held in trust on behalf of beneficiaries, acting on boards of corporate trustee and corporate director companies in a number of jurisdictions. Laura is based in Jersey and reports to Richard Stride, Head of Family Office Jersey. Her appointment is effective immediately.

With 17 years’ legal experience Laura joins Stonehage Fleming from Collas Crill where she was a Group Partner. Appointed to the firm in 2019, she was responsible for providing advice to private and institutional clients on all aspects of Jersey trust, succession and probate law and ancillary matters. Prior to this role, she was a senior associate at Harneys based in the British Virgin Islands.

Richard Stride, Head of Family Office Stonehage Fleming Jersey, said: “It is a pleasure to welcome Laura to Stonehage Fleming. Her extensive technical expertise will be invaluable to our existing talented and dedicated fiduciary teams. The appointment of Laura reflects the importance of our presence here on the Island and our continued role as trusted advisers to many of the world’s leading families and wealth creators across generations and geographies.”

Laura Perkins added: “I am delighted to join Stonehage Fleming. The Group has decades of practical experience and a substantial range of cross-jurisdictional fiduciary services and I look forward to enhancing the team’s expert fiduciary offering here in Jersey.

Stonehage Fleming continues to grow in Jersey with an additional appointment of Mee Mee Phyo. She joins Family Office Jersey as a Trust Administrator and reports to Rebecca French. Her appointment is effective immediately. Mee Mee Phyo joins from Fairway Group where she was a trust and client accounts administrator.

ENDS

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT

MEDIA CONTACTS

Montfort Communications

Pippa Bailey / Isabel Garnon

E: stonehagefleming@montfort.london

T: +44 7738 912267 / +44 7772 207 207

NOTES TO EDITORS

Stonehage Fleming is one of the world’s leading independently owned multi- family offices and the largest in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), as measured by its breadth of services, geographic reach and by assets under management, advice and administration.

Stonehage Fleming provides a range of services from long-term strategic planning and investments to day-to-day advice and administration to the world’s leading families and wealth creators. The Group advises on over GBP60bn (USD75bn) of assets and includes an investment business with more than GBP16bn (USD20bn) under management for families and charities. Stonehage Fleming is c.50% owned by management and staff. The Group employs over 900 people in 14 locations around the world.

Find out more at: www.stonehagefleming.com


Email Copy Link


Stonehage Fleming Hosts Cocktail Party to Celebrate Opening of Miami Office


The Hotel AKA Brickell recently played host to a cocktail party held by one of the world’s leading international Family Offices, Stonehage Fleming.

The event was staged to celebrate the opening of Stonehage Fleming’s new office in Florida. Guests representing Miami’s dynamic ultra-high net worth community enjoyed cocktails and conversation with Stonehage Fleming’s North American Leadership team, including Johan van Niekerk, Head of Family Office, US; Peter Rosenberg, Head of US offices in Philadelphia, PA and Mike Moodie, Head of Family Office for Canada in Toronto.

Commenting on the evening, Johan van Niekerk said: “This is a new chapter for Stonehage Fleming that is especially meaningful for us as a team because it demonstrates our commitment to expanding our capabilities in the United States.

“Being here represents a fantastic opportunity. Miami is the undisputed gateway to Latin America and we are so excited to be able to offer a local presence that meets the needs of this important and growing segment of our client base.”

Stonehage Fleming’s office is located in the Brickell Avenue Financial District. Lowry Brescia has been appointed to the position of Client Relationship Manager and heads the Group’s Representative Office in Miami. She works alongside Johan van Niekerk and is responsible for the development and management of client relationships in key markets of both Florida and Latin America.

A Miami resident of over two decades, Lowry joined the Group in 2022 after having spent five years’ as Vice President of Operations a private commercial real estate investment Fund subsidiary of Lionheart Capital, where she managed the day-to-day operations of a 6 million square foot portfolio throughout the US. Prior to this, she spent over a decade at Cantor Group (formerly Cantor & Webb), a world renowned International Tax Law Firm, where she managed the affairs of ultra/high net worth international individuals and families from Latin America, the United States, the Caribbean and Europe.

Lowry Brescia concluded: “Families around the world find themselves navigating an increasingly sophisticated and complicated environment. This is especially true for Latin-American families who have been dealing with political instability, ever changing tax regimes and insecurity for years. At the same time, there has been a significant jump in private capital investments throughout the region, especially focusing on the digital infrastructure and renewable energy sectors. These unique set of circumstances have led to a sustained and growing demand for expert advice on a multi-jurisdictional level.”

“Stonehage Fleming has been supporting wealthy families with complex international lives for decades. The growing number of Latin American families we support is a testament to our work and our commitment to the region.”

Stonehage Fleming now has a presence in 14 geographies around the world, including an office in Philadelphia, and a representative office in Toronto, Canada.

NOTES TO EDITORS

Stonehage Fleming is one of the world’s leading independently owned multi- family offices and the largest in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), as measured by its breadth of services, geographic reach and by assets under management, advice and administration.

Stonehage Fleming provides a range of services from long-term strategic planning and investments to day-to-day advice and administration to the world’s leading families and wealth creators. The Group advises on over GBP60bn (USD75bn) of assets and includes an investment business with more than GBP16bn (USD20bn) under management for families and charities. Stonehage Fleming is c.50% owned by management and staff. The Group employs over 900 people in 14 locations around the world. Find out more at: www.stonehagefleming.com


Email Copy Link


Insights

What the UK non-dom tax changes mean for South Africans residing in the UK

Rupert Clarey explores implications following 2024 UK Budget

View More

Video: How has the role of a trustee evolved over the last ten years?

Philippe de Salis explores the impact of evolving client needs

View More

How can we help?

There is no substitution for a personal conversation. If you are interested in hearing more about how we can help please get in touch and one of our experts will contact you.

Thank you, your message has been received.