Associate - Trainee Dealing and Execution Support
Stonehage Fleming provides a range of services from long-term strategic planning and investments to day-to-day advice and administration to over 250 families of wealth. The Group employs over 500 people in 11 offices in 8 jurisdictions around the world.
The role reports to the Director, Head of Broking Services (HOB) and will involve close and regular interaction with Internal Advisors (SFIM in South Africa, UK and Jersey) and external business contacts (Banks, Brokers, Advisors and Financial Institutions around the world), as well as employees and managers within the greater Stonehage Fleming Group and clients external to the group.
As part of a high performing team, the successful candidate will be comprehensively trained to deliver a full, professional Broking support service to the HOB and the wider Stonehage Fleming Treasury Department, including our account opening, and Cash Management functions.
PRINCIPAL ELEMENTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Include but are not limited to:-
- Support the HOB with day to day duties and responsibilities for the department, in order to learn the broking role and independently undertake these duties going forward
- Undertake deposit placements
- Generate various reports and source information as required and provide as requested
- Keep industry knowledge up to date
- Support the HOB with the placing of trades across different asset classes (Equities, Bonds, Mutual Funds, Commodities) using specific trading platforms, via email and phone.
- In time, learn how to establish, build and nurture both internal and external client relationships
- Be cognizant of other Stonehage Fleming products and services to ensure the client is gaining maximum benefit from the Stonehage Fleming Group offering
- Support the team with Forex deals and Forward deals
- Perform any other duties as requested to assist in the smooth running and growth of the department including making or supporting recommendations and suggestions that would streamline Broking or other SFT processes
- Be familiar with the account opening process so as to assist the account opening team where necessary
- Undertake administration duties as required to facilitate order completion on all trades executed via SFT and external institutions
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post holder will be looking for their first step into the Broking/ Treasury environment
- Post holder will be educated to A level or Equivalent (minimum)
- Opportunity ideally suited to someone keen to embark on a genuine ‘trainee’ position
- Post holder must hold or be willing to undertake relevant professional studies (ACI Dealing Certificate, and CISI Level 4)
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is essential, including basic PowerPoint skills
- Good numeracy skills and good commercial awareness, fundamental
- COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS
- Demonstrate the ability to positively interact with; and be respectful of all those you come into contact with
- Fast learner
- Team player (keen to share knowledge for the benefit of client, team and Group)
- Possess a genuine interest in market information
- Ability to work under pressure
- Possess the ability to recognize different people’s roles and enhance closer working collaboration